Youth Centred communities Grants
2019 Youth Grant Deadline:
· April 15th at 4PM
Please note, applications may take up to two months to approve.
2019 Budget: $70,000.00
Maximum per year: $10,000 per Gwaii Trust community. More information on the Gwaii Trust communities can be found in our bylaws found here.
The Gwaii Trust Society Youth Board is pleased to announce the Youth Centred Communities Grant. The intent of this grant is to provide a predictable source of revenue for the operation of Youth Centres and youth activities in each community on Haida Gwaii.
Guide to Applicants:
Examples of ineligible applications:
Required supporting documentation can be developed and submitted in word, excel, or PDF. This documentation includes:
1. A workplan that includes: dates, key project activities, locations, outcomes, etc. An example template can be found here
2. A budget that includes: the item, the cost, who pays (Gwaii Trust, other funders, in kind, etc.). An example template can be found here.
3. Quotes for all expenses identified in the project budget.
Applications are required to include the following letters:
1. A signed and dated resolution from the local governance body supporting the application.
2. A letter of support from the Gwaii Trust communities local Youth Director or Alternate. A list of current Youth Directors and Alternates by Gwaii Trust Area can be found here.
The application must identify all project income in their budget, with the income equaling project expenses. Confirmation of all other income sources is required and can include: bank statements, letters confirming other successful or pending grants, and letters confirming in kind contributions or matching funds.
Funding Decision Making Process
Applications will be reviewed for completeness by Gwaii Trust staff. The Youth Board will only review complete applications. The Youth Board will review the grant applications and make a funding recommendation based on consensus decision making. Funding recommendations are reviewed by the Gwaii Trust Board of Directors who make the final funding decision.
For more information, contact:
Dana Bellis, Project Officer
Old Massett Office Telephone: (250) 626-3654 / Toll Free: 1 800 663 2388
Skidegate Office Telephone: (250) 559-8883 / Toll Free: 1 877 559 8883
You must login to access this application form:
Don't have an account? Create one here.